We’ve all woken up this morning to the news the UK has a Hung Parliament.
The shock result has caught everyone by surprise including the pollsters, political experts and most of us – the public.
But what does it mean for the local property market in Bexley, Dartford & surrounding Boroughs? The absolute truth is no one knows for sure. It’s unchartered political territory.
However, that’s not to say that based on our countless years of experience we can’t confidently state a few things we know will remain unchanged during these turbulent political times.
People will still want to sell and need to move.
The three D’s, death, divorce and debt, are constant reasons why people buy and sell. And these three things take no notice of the political, or indeed, economic climate. Also, the shortage of homes, access to very competitive mortgages and the overall economy being in good condition are keeping the local market buoyant.
You won’t be surprised to learn that accurately priced properties are still selling quickly across the Bexley, Dartford & surrounding Boroughs. And that will continue regardless of who the residents of Downing Street are.
That old cliché ‘everyone loves surprises’ doesn’t apply to the estate agency business (and probably not to certain politicians this morning).
- Sellers want to know their property is being marketed by local experts with a track record of delivering success.
- Buyers want to deal with agents who won’t spring a shock price increase on them and will treat them with courtesy and respect.
- And both parties really don’t like the surprise of being told that the agent handling their transaction has moved on to pastures new.
At The Property Cloud we don’t spring surprises. While the current political landscape is currently complicated our agency’s ‘manifesto’ promises are always simple.
- We take great care of our clients.
- We never forget that we work for our clients and always act in their best interests.
- And we really are local experts who care about the community we serve and the people who live within it.
If you would like a complimentary, no obligation valuation of your property, or if you have any questions about the local market post-election please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks for reading,